Sutton Trust UK Summer School Programme 2016
Applications are now closed. The deadline for all students applications was 11th March at 5pm.
Welcome to the Sutton Trust UK Summer School Application.
The Sutton Trust Summer Schools are free, subject-specific residential courses for Year 12 or S5 in Scotland (or equivalent) students from UK state-maintained schools. For more information, please visit our summer schools website where we have a dedicated FAQs page.
The deadline to submit the teacher verification form is 18th March.
Thank you for showing interest in the programme.
Sutton Trust US Programme 2015
The student application form and school reference form are now closed.
The deadline to submit a student application to the programme was noon on Tuesday 27 January, and the deadline to submit a school reference form was 5pm on Friday 30 January.
Thank you for showing interest in the programme. Please see below for more information and ways to keep informed about the 2016 US Programme!
The Sutton Trust US Programme provides bright, state school students a taste of life at an American university. The programme is centered on a one week summer school in the US with introductory events and application support in the UK before and after.
For all information, please see the US Programme page of our website. If you are not yet in year 12, but would like to be notified when next year's applications open, please complete our short survey.
Pathways to Law 2015
The Pathways programme recruits 400 students a year across the country. Students join the programme in Year 12, and must be able to participate for the full two years of their A levels.
In order to be eligible for the programme, students must:
- Demonstrate an interest in a career in law
- Attend a state school or college
- Have at least 5 As or A*s at GCSE
- Be either the first generation in their family to attend university, or be or have been eligible for Free School Meals (or, where this information is difficult or sensitive to obtain, the participant attends a school that is significantly above the regional average in terms of number of students eligible for free school meals)
In addition, preference will be given to those students:
- In schools with below average levels of attainment / progression to university
- In schools with high free school meal rates
- From deprived postcodes as evidenced by POLAR, IMD or ACORN.
Students also need to live within commuting distance of one of our 12 partner universities. The recruitment areas for the 2015 application process are outlined here (http://www.suttontrust.com/programmes/pathways-to-law/application-process/) and on the application form.
All applications are now CLOSED